“I am excited to be joining the team at White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails and could not be happier to be hosting Francois Lieubeau of Domaine de la Fruitiere and Tim Willard of European Cellars for my first event!” Pucillo and Willard have a history of working together. “European Cellars has an incredible portfolio… [Tim] has never put a wine in front of me that I haven’t enjoyed.”
We look forward to seeing you on Monday!
In a continuing celebration of Southern culture and arts, WOKC invites poets from across the South to explore the depths of love this Valentine’s Day. Poems will be evaluated and judged by Kevin Young, author of eight books of poetry and esteemed Professor of Creative Writing and English at Emory University. The winning love poem will be featured on our Valentine’s Day menu running from February 12 through the 14 and the winning poet will receive a $1,500 prize.
Rules for Submission
- The contest is open to all poets who currently reside in and have had residency in one of the following states for a minimum of 12 consecutive months: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia. (Residency will be verified before prize winner is announced.)
- Writers who have published 2 or more full-length collections of poetry or who do not meet the residency requirements are NOT eligible
- Translations and manuscripts in languages other than English are not acceptable, however manuscripts that occasionally use words from other languages are perfectly fine
- All poems submitted will become the property of White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails and can be published without further approval of author
- Manuscripts must be received between January 11, 2016 and February 5, 2016
- The submitted poems will not be returned
- No entry fee required
- Poem Guidelines:
- Only one submission per author
- 40 line limit
- Must be on the topic of “Love”
- Poem must be typed (single-spaced)
- Author must include name, address, phone number, email address, word count and manuscript title on the submitted poem
- Poems must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No revisions of submitted manuscripts will be allowed during the contest
- The winner will be announced on February 12, 2016 and contacted to discuss delivery of the $1,500 payment prize
Save the date for our 3rd annual Human Clay event benefitting Atlanta’s Gateway Center. Join us Tuesday, November 17th for a wonderful evening to help end homelessness.
You can get your tickets here.
Plan your perfect Valentine’s dinner at White Oak and enjoy our 3rd Annual Evening with French Reds. Our sommelier carefully selects a beautiful French red to pair with each of the four courses presented. Starting with a light and bubbly and ending on the perfect note. The menu is being created now and will be posted soon. We will offer our Valentine’s menu on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Valentine’s weekend. Make your reservation now and enjoy a romantic and delightful evening with us.
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails was featured in Thrillist’s article, “Thrillist 47: The coolest restaurants and bars in town” on November 12. You can view the article here.